When it comes to drilling, there are some methods in use these days. However, most experts concur that diamond core drilling is more efficient, faster, and more accurate than all other forms of drilling. Diamond core drilling is widely used nowadays, mainly because it does not cause any vibrations or damage to the surrounding area and structures. Additionally, this technique is also noise-free, as well as perfectly safe, thus making it a great and environment-friendly option for construction contractors.
Clean openings and no fractures
Diamond core drilling is also popular because it substantially reduces spalling and almost eliminates the chances of fractures occurring. A contractor can immediately proceed with the planned insertion, installation, or any other operation.
Drilling machines equipped with diamond cores can be used to easily and quickly cut through rebar, as well as reinforced concrete. This feature allows the users to make holes or desired proportions at pretty much any location. With a diamond core drill, one can make a hole which spans almost 70 inches in diameter, and for a variety of purposes. These can include making openings for plumbing or electrical work, or, say, HVAC installation.
Key advantages of diamond core drilling
- It is much faster and efficient, thus requiring much fewer labor hours, which in turn leads to significantly lower operating costs.
- It is extremely effective at creating precise holes and cuttings with minimal or non-existent damage to the surroundings. It reduces the amount of debris and almost eliminates dust.
- Diamond core drilling does not transfer the vibrations to the nearby structures, thus keeping them safe and structurally sound during the drilling operations.
- It can drill through the toughest of materials while producing very low noise levels.
Diamond core drills
These drills are quite similar to the standard hole saws. A typical diamond core drill consists of a diamond covered steel tube which is mounted on a rotating shaft. During the operation, a core drill’s temperature is usually controlled with water to ensure its effectiveness and a longer lifespan. Additionally, using water also helps with getting rid of all the dust particles as well.
A wide variety of applications
Diamond core drills can cut both horizontally and vertically. When they have to make accurate and circular cuts, contractors usually opt for diamond drills. With them, they can also make openings of various sizes, perform concrete sample analysis, perform the installation of load carrying devices, create routing cable openings and so on.
Notable features and advantages of diamond core drills
- For starters, these drills are lauded for their compactness and lightweight design.
- They are also quite versatile and suitable for a plethora of cutting applications. They can cut anywhere from 10 millimeters to almost 1000 millimeters, with any necessary depth.
- They can be equally useful for both dry and wet drilling
- Last, but not least, diamond core drills can also run on a variety of power sources, which can include compressed-air or electric motors, as well as hydraulic ones.